Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Alien Tango - Gini Koch Touched by an Alien was one of my favourite reads of the year so far so I couldn't wait to get started on Alien Tango. I have totally fallen in love with this series and am so glad I already have my copy of Alien in the Family to devour next. I said in my previous review that I don't read a lot of science fiction but I'm thinking I really need to try more, I still love my vampire and shifter stories but I definitely now have a soft spot for aliens too. I really do think this series will appeal to fans of paranormal romance and urban fantasy as well as science fiction lovers.

This book is so full of action and suspense that it's hard to know where to start with a review, I don't want to go into too much detail and give anything away because I really think you need to experience the story for yourself. The story picks up 5 months after the ending of Touched by an Alien and Kitty is settling into her role as commander of the airborn division. Her relationship with Jeff Martini has been going from strength to strength and they are more in love than ever but she is yet to meet his parents who really don't seem to approve of them being together. Martini is jealous of her best friend Chuckie and is determined to make Kitty go to her high school reunion so he can show Chuckie who Kitty belongs to. Throw into the mix political intrigue, alien politics, Kitty's ex boyfriend and his crazy stalker and Martini and Kitty are sure to be in for a bumpy ride.

Martini stole my heart in Touched by an Alien and I'm even more in love with him now than ever. He and Kitty are scorching hot together and I can't get enough of them, they are right up there with Cat & Bones from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series as one of my favourite fictional couples - high praise indeed from me because I adore Bones! Alien Tango was just so much fun to read, the snarky humor from the previous book is back and again I was laughing out loud as I was reading the book. I really think this is a series I shouldn't read in public unless I want to get a lot of funny looks. When Kitty finally gets to meet Martini's family sparks fly and I was cheering Kitty along the whole way, she certainly took no prisoners and I'm sure a lot of people out there wish they were as outspoken with their in-laws as she is (I definitely could have done with some tips from her to deal with my ex's family!).

Just like in the first book we are still treated to a strong cast of secondary characters. I would have liked to see a little more of Christopher but hopefully he'll have a bigger role in the next installment. I loved getting to see more of Reader and it was great to finally meet Chuckie who we heard a lot about in the first book but didn't actually see until this one. With some of the revelations made in Alien Tango I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of him in the future. Kitty's mother still has some surprises up her sleeve and you can see where Kitty gets a lot of her strength from.

If you haven't yet discovered this series I really can't recommend it highly enough, it's been a long time since an adult series captured me as hard and fast as this one did and I can't wait to see what Gini Koch has in store for us next. If you enjoyed the first book in the series then you're going to love Alien Tango even more, now I'm off to get started on Alien in the Family!