Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Vampire Academy: The Graphic Novel - Emma Vieceli, Leigh Dragoon, Richelle Mead I have to admit that I've not read many graphic novels before but I'm such a massive fan of the Vampire Academy series that I had to give this one a try. I absolutely loved the illustrations in the story, Rose and Dimitri (swoon) are just how I imagined them and I really enjoyed the visual addition to the reading experience.

Obviously you don't get as much detail in a graphic novel as you do in the full book but you do get the feel of the story and most of the important information is covered. I'd have to say I preferred the full novel just because you get more background details but this makes a great companion read for fans of the series. If you've not started the series yet you would be able to follow the story but personally I'd recommend reading the novel first.

The graphic novel is a very fast and easy read and one I really enjoyed. After I'd finished I actually spent time going back through it just to spend more time looking at the illustrations and I'm looking forward to seeing the graphic novel for the next book in the series (Frostbite).