Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Haunted - Susan Cooper, Joseph Delaney, Berlie Doherty, Jamila Gavin, Matt Haig, Robin Jarvis, Derek Landy, Sam Llewellyn, Mal Peet, Philip Reeve, Eleanor Updale The Haunted anthology includes the following short stories:
The Castle Ghosts - Joseph Delaney
The Praying Down of Vaughan Darkness - Sam Llewellyn
The Ghost Walk - Matt Haig
The Ghost Wood - Philip Reeve
The Little Ship's Boy - Berlie Doherty

Haunted is an anthology containing scary short stories from some of todays best children's writers and it makes for perfect Halloween reading. Immerse yourself in stories of haunted prisons, demon worshipers, trapped ghosts, demon dogs and even a spooky beach hut. These stories may be short but they're all well written and there are some great twists in there too.

Stand out favourites for me included Good Boy by Mal Peet, The Beach Hut by Robin Jarvis and The Ghost Wood by Philip Reeve but I enjoyed each of the stories and The Ghost Walk by Matt Haig brought back memories of the ghost walk I did in York a few years ago. Anthologies are a great way of trying new authors and I've definitely found some I want to add to my to read pile with this one.

If you're a horror fan then you'll love Haunted although if you're a bit of a wimp like I am you may find you only want to read it in daylight! Treat yourself to a fright this Halloween & pick up your copy today.