Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Deadlock (Southern Arcana, #3) - Moira Rogers I've been a big fan of the Southern Arcana series since I first read Crux and I'm pleased to say that Deadlock doesn't disappoint. I wasn't too sure how I'd take to Alec as the hero, whenever we've seen him before he has come across as a grumpy, uptight alpha and I wasn't sure I'd be able to warm to him but I have to say he had me hooked within a few pages. We get to learn more about why he acts the way he does and although he may still be a grumpy b*stard he was also sexy as hell. He is protective of those he cares about and although he doesn't want to have feelings for Carmen he steps straight up to the plate when she is in danger.

Carmen is not a full wolf shifter and was raised by her psychic mother, her father didn't want to know when he realised she couldn't change into a wolf. She has always avoided pack politics but things are about to catch up with her and she's going to need all the help she can get. She is immediately drawn to Alec and does a good job of letting him feel like he's the one in control even when she's doing a lot of the chasing. The sexual chemistry between them is off the charts and I loved the way things build up so slowly between them. There is plenty of dirty talk before we get to see any bedroom action and it was well worth the wait!

We get to see some of our favourite characters from earlier books in the series and we also get to see more of some of the future heroes and heroines. I really hope that we get to see more of some of the new characters we are introduced to (Carmen's brothers in particular) and am looking forward to seeing how things play out in the future. The shifter politics just got a whole lot more complicated and it'll be interesting to see where Moira Rogers takes things from here.

Although this series is definitely paranormal romance it also has a strong ongoing back story with plenty of action to satisfy most urban fantasy fans. I love both genres and books that straddle the lines between the two are just my kind of thing. If you haven't started reading this series yet you're missing out on a treat and I'd highly recommend picking up a copy of Crux today.