Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Fifty Shades Freed  - E.L. James Considering the number of things that irritate me about this series I am utterly addicted and well and truly on the Fifty bandwagon! I did feel that the author could have ended the story after Fifty Shades Darker until she included the epilogue at the end so I wasn't too sure what I would think of Fifty Shades Freed. I wasn't sure there was enough story left for a third book but I was happy to be proved wrong and this book was just as addictive as the rest.

Christian and Ana have married and enjoyed the honeymoon of a lifetime but it's now time to get back to reality and the pressures of work and daily life. Christian has come a long way working through his issues but he still has a way to go and the couple are still learning to live together and find a balance in their relationship. Their problems only get bigger when a face from the past makes an appearance determined to cause trouble.

I have absolutely loved the changes we've seen in Christian since the first book, he stole my heart against my wishes during the first book but I love him even more now. The romance between him and Ana may not have been traditional but it was beautiful to see. I felt that E.L. James has ended their story perfectly although I don't want to let the characters go. After the epilogue you get to see Christian and Ana's first couple of meetings (the interview and his visit to the hardware store) from his point of view and I loved getting to see inside his head. In fact, reading those few chapters made me desperately want to pick up Fifty Shades of Grey and start the series again from the beginning! So far I've managed to resist but I'm not sure how long that will last. I really would love to see the author rewrite the whole series from Christian's point of view.

This series has been utterly compulsive reading. It has romance with a seriously fucked-up hero, humour, plenty of erotic scenes, great character development and a relationship you can believe in. The writing isn't the best and it could have used some serious editing to cut out the repetition but that didn't stop me enjoying every minute of it. This was a wild ride and one that has made me a proud member of the Christian Grey fan club!