Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Let Me In - Callie Croix Talia is a lieutenant in the marines and has come home from Afghanistan on leave for Thanksgiving. She doesn't have a close relationship with her mother so is expecting to spend the holidays alone in a hotel. It comes as quite a surprise when her best friend Angie picks her up from the airport along with her brother (and Talia's crush) Liam. Angie is like a sister to Talia and she adores her whole family, she may have had strong feelings for Liam since she met him but she would never take it further and risk losing his friendship and the normality she gets when she spends time with him and his family. Liam knows that Talia is hiding something about her past and is determined to get her to open up and let him in.

Let Me In is the first story I've read by Callie Croix but it definitely won't be the last. It was a fab short and sweet erotic read that I thoroughly enjoyed. Talia had a difficult upbringing with a mother who suffers from severe depression that has led to other mental health problems. Talia is heartbroken for her mother and has spent years looking after her and helping keep a roof over her head but she is tired of having to cope with it all. Liam wants to help her but she is scared to let him in, she worries that if he discovers just how deep her mother's issues go then he will walk away and she'll never see him again. But Liam isn't about to walk away from the woman he has spent years fantasising about. He doesn't just want Talia's body - he wants to win her heart and he wants to get close to her and help her shoulder her burdens.

The chemistry between the couple is intense and the sex scenes are scorching. I'm not quite sure why the story has been given a BDSM label though - Liam is very dominant but I wouldn't really class anything in the book as full on BDSM. That didn't stop my enjoyment of the story though and I'd recommend this to anyone who is looking for a quick, erotic read with an alpha hero worth swooning over.