Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Beg Me - Shiloh Walker I read this novella as part of the Bound Temptations anthology but this review just includes my thoughts on Beg Me:

Now, I'll admit that if I'd realised the contents of this story before I picked the anthology up I probably wouldn't have read it so I'm not really the best person to judge this one. I'm not a fan of rape fantasies but I decided to give it a try because I like the author's writing style. I did like Tania at first, she had been through a horrible ordeal after the death of her husband and then being raped in her own home and I felt really bad for her. I can't even begin to imagine how messed up that would have left her and I admired her for wanting to take her life back and replace the bad memories with good ones. Drake was her husbands best friend and has been in love with Tania forever, he has always been there for her and was understandably the first one that she turned to.

Now I consider myself quite an open minded person and although Tania's fantasy isn't my idea of fun I don't have a problem with it as long as the people involved are consenting adults. The bondage side to their relationship and the dirty talk was fine and was even quite hot in places but events towards the end left me cold. Where it went wrong for me was when Tania practically forced Drake to do something that he was obviously very uncomfortable with - she was trying to wipe away the memories of her own rape which I can understand to a degree but that doesn't give her the right to force the man she is supposed to be falling for into doing something that hurt him emotionally. I felt so bad for Drake, he loves Tania so much that he would do anything for her and I felt she took advantage of that and it really made me dislike her. That scene ruined the whole novella for me which was such a shame.