Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Beneath a Darkening Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf, # 2) - Keri Arthur Savannah is a Ranger on the Ripple Creek Werewolf Reservation and is investigating a spate of murders that are very similar to ones she witnessed 10 years previously. Because the people who have been murdered were human she is forced to call in the IIS (Interspecies Investigation Squad) to help with the investigation but she is shocked when she discovers the man in charge of the investigation is Cade. 10 years ago she met and fell for Cade but due to circumstances and some major misunderstandings she ended up with a broken heart.

Cade may be the last person she ever wanted to see but because of a promise they both made all those years ago they are now bound to each other in ways she had never imagined. They can't fight the attraction between them but is it just the pull of the moon or is there something real behind it? They need to work through the issues in their past but with a murderer hot on their tails will they have the opportunity to try?

I loved Beneath A Rising Moon and I'm pleased to say that Beneath A Darkening Moon didn't disappoint me. I'm sure you would be able to read this book without reading the first book in the series but I would definitely recommend reading them both in order as there is some cross over with the characters. I feel the need to point out that this series is paranormal romance rather than urban fantasy so there is a lot more sex in this book than there are in Keri Arthur's Nikki & Michael & Spook Squad series (I can't speak for her other series as I've not read them yet). That isn't a bad thing & didn't take away from my enjoyment of this series in the slightest but if you're not keen on PR then you might want to give this series a miss & try some of Keri's other books.

Although Beneath A Darkening Moon concentrates mainly on the romance between Savannah and Cade there is still plenty of action and a few plot twists thrown in for good measure. One of the things I love about Keri Arthur is her ability to throw a curve ball that comes out of nowhere and completely changes everything. Savannah & Cade's relationship is very complicated - there are issues on both sides that date back to a murder investigation 10 years ago and it isn't easy for them to trust each other again. Physical attraction isn't a problem though & because of their moon promise they are unable to resist which makes for some scorching scenes between them. I would definitely recommend this series to paranormal romance fans.