Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Girl of Nightmares  - Kendare Blake, August Ross I absolutely loved the beginning of Anna Dressed in Blood, Kendare Blake creates fantastic scary ghosts and the scenes with Cas hunting them were chilling. Unfortunately the story fell down for me when it came to the romance. Anna not only tries to kill Cas and his friends but he also witnesses her ripping one of his classmates in half yet somewhere in between all the blood and guts he falls in love with her! Seriously? What on earth makes Cas decide Anna is the girl ghost for him?

OK so the reason she ended up a ghost was because of a curse placed on her but that doesn't change the fact that she has spent years murdering anyone who has come into contact with her. I felt sorry for what she went through in her life and I could have got on board with Cas wanting to help absolve her of her crimes and send her on to a peaceful afterlife - what I couldn't get on board with was him falling in love with her! There just didn't seem to be any reason for him to feel like that after the things he has seen her do.

Anyway, I probably should have known better than to try reading Girl of Nightmares. I was hoping to see more of Cas kicking butt and practising his ghost hunting skills with his friends Thomas and Carmel. I wanted it to get back to the scary ghosts from the beginning of the first book and lose the romance between Cas and Anna. Unfortunately all that has really happened in the first half of the book is Cas mooning around because he loves Anna and misses her so much. He puts his own life and the lives of his friends in danger because he can't get her out of his mind. He has no interest in anything other than finding a way to bring Anna back from hell - no matter how many people warn him that it shouldn't be done.

I've reached the point where really I don't care if Cas finds a way to bring Anna back and I really, really don't want to have to watch him snogging the ghostly, blood covered, murderer when he inevitably does. I started the book nearly a month ago and I still haven't quite made it halfway through so I'm giving up. I'm afraid this series isn't for me which is such a shame because it had huge potential.