Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Thoughtless  - S.C. Stephens I hate not finishing a book but I just couldn't make it to the end of this one. I feel like I was reading a completely different book to everyone else as it has so many 5 star reviews from my goodreads friends so don't let me put you off it you're planning on trying it. I made it 39% through the story but at that point I was ready to throw my kindle out of the window so I decided it just wasn't worth me continuing with the book. This review will probably contain spoilers because that is the only way I can tell you exactly why I didn't get on with it.

My main reason for struggling was the fact that I just can't stand the main characters. Kiera is ridiculously naive and childish, stupid, selfish, irritating and self centred and she spends most of her time crying for no real reason. When she isn't crying about nothing she is either talking about how wonderful her boyfriend is and how much she loves him or she's mentally undressing their roommate (who also happens to be her boyfriends good friend) because he's so hot and she gets on so well with him.

As for Denny I was irritated with his actions too, the way he accepted the job offer without even discussing it with Kiera wasn't exactly the actions of a perfect boyfriend. Then when he dropped the job again without talking it through with her he just screwed up his own future. He should have had the balls to talk both situations through with her in the first place! Kellan wasn't much better because he was so quick to betray his friend, he knows all along that Kiera is taken but he still sets out to seduce her.

I really, really don't like cheaters so that is another major reason that this isn't the book for me. I wasn't actually upset the first time Kiera jumped into bed with Kellan, she had broken up with Denny at the time (albeit only briefly) and was very drunk so it was a forgiveable mistake. It's one she should have owned up to though, particularly after Denny gave up so much to come back to her. When she carried on jumping into bed with Kellan after getting back together with Denny I lost all respect for both of them. Kiera is betraying the supposed love of her life while Kellan is betraying is friend. If she doesn't want to be with Denny anymore she should just be upfront about it & dump him.

If it wasn't bad enough that I hated the characters and the story line I also really struggled with the writing style. The author spends so much time describing irrelevant things that the book is twice as long as it needs to be. It seemed to take hours to get my kindle to move just 1% further in the story and I spent so much time sitting around and waiting fruitlessly for something to happen.

I'm disappointed that I didn't enjoy Thoughtless, I was in the mood for an angsty read and after reading so many positive reviews I thought this would be perfect. Unfortunately it just pushed too many of my hot buttons!