Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

The Pleasures of Winter - Evie Hunter When reporter Abbie Marshall's investigation into a drug cartel in Honduras land her in hot water she needs to find a way out of the country fast. The only thing her boss can manage last minute is to get her onto Hollywood superstar Jack Winter's private jet, on the condition that she carries out an interview with him. Abbie is a serious journalist and the last thing she wants is to be stuck interviewing a famous actor but desperation makes her accept the deal. Things go from bad to worse when their plan crashes in the rainforest though and with it looking unlikely that help is on the way it is up to them to find their own way to safety. Jack immediately takes control of the situation and Abbie finds herself drawn to his strength as well as his good looks. Jack awakens desires in Abbie that she has never felt before and even when they make it to safety she can't forget the things he did to her. Neither of them are able to forget the time they spent together but can they ever find a way through their differences to build something worth fighting for?

The Pleasures of Winter is actually written by two Irish authors Caroline McCall and Eileen Gormley writing together under the pseudonym Evie Hunter. This was my first taste of either author's work but it definitely won't be the last and I'll be keeping an eye out for anything else written either together or individually by them in the future. In fact I already have A Touch of Winter downloaded on my kindle ready to start reading when I've finished writing this review and I'm looking forward to spending more time with Jack and Abbie. Fans of erotic romance stories like Bared to You and Fifty Shades will definitely enjoy The Pleasures of Winter and I have a feeling this will end up being just as popular!

I loved the way the story starts off with Abbie in such a dangerous situation and desperately looking for any way out of Honduras. The authors did a great job of building the tension and making me believe that Abbie's life was at risk and that heightened sense of danger just added to the impact of seeing bad boy Jack for the first time. Jack is wary of journalists and is so against the idea of giving Abbie an interview that he immediately goes out of his way to make things as difficult as possible for her but I loved the way she stood up to him and didn't let the fact that he was a superstar overwhelm her. When their plane crashes there are a few moments that were a little unbelievable but that didn't stop my enjoyment of the story for a second. I just absolutely loved the sizzling chemistry between Abbie and Jack and the fact that the story is told from both of their points of view made that even better.

As much as I enjoyed the scenes in the jungle it was when they got back to reality that I really started to fall in love with the characters. Jack brought out Abbie's submissive side and I loved the way she set out to learn more about the D/s lifestyle and how that brought their paths together again. Jack is off the charts hot and let me just say watch out for the scene with the web cam, it'll leave you in need of a cold shower for sure! *Swoon* The book does contain some BDSM scenes but nothing too over the top or frightening to those who are fairly new to the genre so I'd say it is more BDSM light than anything too hardcore. These authors can certainly write a hot scene though and I appreciated the fact that they show a healthy attitude towards D/s relationships.

The Pleasures of Winter is perfect for fans of erotic romance that is heavy on the romance but still contains a little kink. If you're looking for something hot and steamy with intense chemistry then you can't go wrong with this one. I really hope that we get to see more of these characters in the future but I'll be looking forward to anything that these authors come up with.