Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Comfort Food - Kitty Thomas I'm rereading this as part of a Dark Side group read - it's Aure's birthday pick. Read my original review from July 2010 here: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/106778669

Aure's review - http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/426182363

The first time I read Comfort Food it blew me away and I gave it 5 stars. It was the first dark erotic book that I had read and I was shocked how much I loved it. Now 2.5 years later I got the chance to read it again as part of a group read and I'm really glad I did. Although I remembered most of the main events from the book I'd forgotten quite how dark and twisted the story was!

I'm not going to go into another detailed review (you can read my original review by clicking the link above) so I'll just say that even the second time around I thoroughly enjoyed the story. I've read and rated a lot more books now but I'd still give it a solid 4 stars. I'm not going to change my original review rating though because that reflects exactly how I felt about it the first time around.

Don't pick up this book if you're looking for a romance with a happy ever after. This book is dark, it is scary and it sure as hell doesn't show something I'd want to live through! In spite of that is is one hell of a read, it will push you out of your boundaries and it will make you think about the choices you might make if you found yourself in Emily's situation!