Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Galileo's Holiday (A Galactic Holiday Anthology Story) - Sasha Summers Riley has spent her whole life working as an ice miner, she has her own ship and spends the majority of her time alone but she is happy to follow in the footsteps of her mother and grandmother who were both miners before her. Everything changes when Riley is trapped on the planet Galileo after raiders destroy her ship. Rescued by trader Leo happy routine. Considering she has just lost everything she has ever known she is in need of a little TLC and that is exactly what she is and welcomed into the nearest space station Riley starts to realise just what she has been missing out on by spending so much time alone. When the raiders come back, searching for Leo and his cargo Riley must risk everything if she wants to keep her new friends safe.

Riley is strong, intelligent and fiercely independent but at the same time she is also quite vulnerable and naive when it comes to interacting with other people. She is so used to being alone that she doesn't quite know what to make of the banter that goes on amongst the settlers at the station but it doesn't take her long to fall into a offered by the settlers as they welcome her into their group. Leo hasn't always lived his life on the right side of the law but he is trying to make up for it now and I liked the way he fell so hard for Riley. Neither of them ever expected to find love but when they do they fall hard and fast. Galileo's Holiday was a really sweet story and I enjoyed the futuristic take on the holiday celebrations, I'll be looking out for more by Sasha Summers in the future.

I read this novella as part of the A Galactic Holiday anthology