Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Wish List - K.A. Mitchell Jonah and Evan have been together for two years and have a pretty good relationship but when Jonah accidentally stumbles across a pair of wedding rings in Evan's desk he panics. He loves Evan but the thought of getting married just makes him think of all the things that he'll never get to try if they tie the knot. Jonah creates a wish list containing all of his darkest desires but worries that Evan wouldn't be interested in helping him fulfil them. Evan has noticed how distant Jonah has become but has no idea what is worrying him, until he stumbles across the wish list that is. Evan couldn't be more surprised that Jonah has secret dreams of submitting to anther man, he has been hiding his own dominant side for years but it looks like they may both be able to live out their wildest fantasies together - if only they can find a way to share their secret wishes.

I'm still fairly new to M/M romance but it's a genre that I'm really enjoying so I was looking forward to reading Wish List. I liked both Jonah and Evan but I think my main problem was that I struggled to believe that they'd been together for so long and yet didn't really know each other that well. I find it hard to believe that someone who is an experienced Dom has been able to be in a relationship for 2 years without letting his dominant tendencies show through in the bedroom - surely his natural behaviour would have come out at some point? I also felt it was odd that Jonah got in such a panic at the idea of Evan proposing when they seemed to have a pretty strong relationship and had been living together for over a year. I found myself getting very frustrated that they wouldn't talk to each other, Evan at least tried to communicate but Jonah seemed more interested in potentially hooking up with a stranger than talking to the man he was supposed to be in love with. The sex scenes between them were undoubtedly hot though and I loved the way Evan introduced Jonah to BDSM - the New Years Eve scene in Times Square was very sexy. I did feel that they made a cute couple I just think it would have felt more realistic if they'd known each other for a shorter period of time or perhaps I just needed a longer story to help make things feel more plausible. Either way I did enjoy K.A. Mitchell's writing style and would definitely like to read a full length novel by her in the future.