Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Flawed - Kate Avelynn I really wanted to love this one even though I knew it was going to be a disturbing book to read. I thought it would be similar to Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma which was a book that completely pushed me out of my comfort zone and I absolutely adored it. 2 years after reading it Forbidden is still with me and is probably one of the books I've recommended most since I stared blogging.

Anyway, this is supposed to be about my opinion of Flawed so enough about Forbidden. I just wanted to show that it isn't the difficult subject matter that put me off of this story - that was actually the main reason I wanted to read it! Unfortunately I didn't get far enough into the book to really touch on the incest part of the story, it has been hinted at and you know it's coming but nothing had really happened yet.

My problem was with Sarah's voice, this story is told in first person so the fact that Sarah really irritated me right from the very beginning wasn't a great sign. She is supposed to be 18 but she often sounds much younger, I guess that's probably partly because she doesn't have much interaction with anyone outside of her family but it just got on my nerves.

I applaud the author for tackling difficult subject matters including abuse and incest but I'm afraid that this book just isn't for me. I've seen a lot of positive reviews for it though so don't let me put you off trying it.