Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Breath on Embers - Anne Calhoun Since the death of her husband Thea has been locked in her grief and she uses every means possible to block her feelings and remain numb to the world around her. As the second anniversary of his death approaches Thea just wants to hide away from the world and be left alone to lick her wounds. But Ronan knows what she is going through, they have been seeing each other for nearly a year now and although Thea insists that it is just sex between them Ronan knows it is so much more. He is determined to find a way to break through Thea's tough outer shell and make her rejoin the world of the living, he will do whatever it takes to show her that she isn't as numb as she thinks she is - she's just scared to allow herself to feel again.

Breath on Embers is the first story that I've read by Anne Calhoun but I know for sure it won't be the last. This may not be your typical feel good Christmas romance but she has a way of writing that pulled me in and made me feel instantly connected to the characters. It is impossible not to feel Thea's heartbreak right alongside her but at the same time I knew that with Ronan she had the chance to move forward and be happy again. Ronan is one sexy firefighter and although he never says it outright it is obvious how much he loves her. While she seems determined to keep their relationship on a sex only basis he wants so much more and he knows deep down that she wants that too. The sex between them is incredibly hot but it is about so much more than a physical connection and I loved watching Ronan prove that to Thea. Breath on Embers is erotica with soul, sexy and intense it will bring tears to your eyes one minute and have you fanning yourself the next but in the end you are left with a feeling of hope and the reminder that life always goes on and no matter how bad things get they do eventually get better.