Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

The Best Thing - Jaci Burton Tori has had feelings for Brody since she first started working for the construction company he runs with his brothers but with no family of her own the Kent's quickly became important to her and she would never do anything to risk her relationship with Brody and his family. Brody has never been the type of guy to settle down though so as much as she loves him Tori knows that if anything happened between them she would end up broken hearted and alone again and that isn't something she is prepared to chance. But Brody hasn't been able to get Tori out of his head since they kissed at last year's Christmas party, he doesn't understand why she is going to such lengths to avoid him and he is desperate for the chance to prove to her how much she really means to him.

I can't believe that this is the first story I've ever read by Jaci Burton, I've heard so many good things about her writing in the past and at least now I can see what the fuss is about because I really enjoyed The Best Thing. This is the third story in the Kent Brothers series and I am definitely going to have to go back and read the previous books because I want more of the banter between Brody, Wyatt and Ethan - I just love this kind of family series. Tori is such a vulnerable young woman, she had a difficult upbringing and before meeting the Kent's she didn't know what it was like to have a family who cared about her. It isn't just Brody that she is in love with - she cares about his entire family and his parents and brothers mean everything to her. It was easy to see why she was so sceptical about starting a relationship with Brody, he has never done the relationship thing before tending to stick to one night stands or short affairs and she doesn't want to become the latest in a long line of women. I found it quite amusing that Brody had no idea of his reputation, he genuinely didn't have a clue that people considered him a bit of a man whore and was shocked when he found out. In spite of his reputation he hasn't left a string of broken hearts behind him, he never made promises to the women he dated and he isn't against the idea of a relationship - he just hadn't found the right woman, until Tori that is. He will do whatever it takes to prove how much Tori means to him and get her to take a chance on him. The Best Thing was a really great romance and one I thoroughly enjoyed, I'm looking forward to spending more time with the Kent brothers and am quite sad to know that this is the final book in the series because I would love to catch up with Brody and Tori in the future and see how they (and the other members of the Kent family) are getting along.