Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) - Richelle Mead I started reading this book on the 5th of June and made it as far as 110 pages in before it irritated me so much I put it on hold. I haven't been able to bring myself to even try to carry on reading since the 7th of June (it's now the 28th of July!) & seeing it constantly sitting on my currently reading shelf is just distressing me.

I am a massive fan of Richelle Mead, I absolutely adore the Vampire Academy books and I love Adrian so I'm disappointed to have to give up on this one. I don't know if it was just my mood when I started it (I kind of hope so) but Sydney was irritating the heck out of me. I know she has a poor self image and that is why she makes the comments about her size & how fat she is but that kind of thing really bugs me. It annoyed me in the first book too & I was hoping it wouldn't continue but unfortunately it has.

I've decided not to completely give up on this one yet - I'm going to put it back on the to read pile and wait a few months then I'll try it again. Hopefully I'll be in a different mood and will actually enjoy it at that point. If not I'm afraid I'll have to abandon the series :o(