Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

With All My Soul  - Rachel Vincent I have been a massive fan of the Soul Screamers series ever since I read the first book so I have to admit I was quite nervous about picking up this final book in the series. I was sad that the story would be coming to an end and worried in case I didn't like the ending but I should have known better - Rachel Vincent has never let me down yet and With All My Soul is a fitting end to the series. I'm going to deliberately keep this review fairly short because I would absolutely hate to give away how it ends but please note that this is the seventh book in the series so my review may contain spoilers for the previous books. If you've not read the first six books then I don't recommend reading any further but I do recommend immediately dropping everything to catch up because this is a series that isn't to be missed.

Kaylee and her friends have been through so much throughout this series at the hands of Hellion of greed Avari and he isn't going to stop coming after them until he has what he wants - Kaylee's soul to torture for eternity. They have taken numerous casualties but haven't managed to find a way to hurt Avari in return and things are starting to get desperate. Kaylee just wants to protect those she cares about and she has an idea for a way to turn the three Hellions against each other in the hope that they will destroy themselves but that isn't going to be as easy as it sounds and Kaylee may have to make a sacrifice that she isn't prepared for if she has any hope of succeeding. Kaylee has always been a strong character but she excels herself in this book, she has always put the safety of her friends and family above her own and she has gone to great lengths to protect others. That doesn't change in this book, in fact she is going to have to be even smarter and braver than ever before if she has any chance of looking after the ones she loves. She is facing some fearsome enemies and that is going to mean making some incredibly hard decisions but anyone who knows her will know that she doesn't back down from a challenge.

With All My Soul ends the series with a bang, the story is fast paced, full of action and takes some very unexpected turns. Characters I've loved to hate in previous books managed to make me fall in love with them and some of the events in this book broke my heart. I laughed, I cried and I prayed for my favourites to survive until the end but I always had a fear at the back of my mind that something major would happen. I'm not going to tell you who makes it, I'm not going to tell you if they all live, I'm not actually going to tell you anything else at all apart from that this is a MUST read for fans of the series. Rachel Vincent has ended Kaylee's story on a high and as much as I'm going to miss these characters I'm happy that I'll be able to look back at this series with fond memories and without feeling disappointed by the ending. Now I'm just eager to see what the author comes up with next, I already know from experience that I love both her adult and young adult books so whatever it is she writes it will automatically be added to my must buy list.