Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Angels' Pawn (Guild Hunter, #0.5) - Nalini Singh 4.5 stars

I read this story as part of the [b:Angels' Flight|9738582|Angels' Flight (Angels' Pawn #0.5, Angels' Judgment #1.5, Angel's Wolf #4.5, Angels' Dance #4.75)|Nalini Singh|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1311894951s/9738582.jpg|14627662] anthology which contains 4 Guild Hunter novellas.

If you have read any of the other books you'll probably remember talk of guild hunter Ashwini and her vampire nemesis. Janvier has a very bad habit of getting himself in trouble with the angels and doing a disappearing act which means the guild are called in to track him down. Ash has spent years chasing him across the world and through the bayou only for him to always make his peace with the angel who hired her just before she catches him. For once Ash's job isn't to search for Janvier though and this time she actually needs his help, she has been asked to find a kidnapped vampire but the last thing she wants is to be caught up in the politics between two of the vampires who report to the angel Nazarach. Since Janvier is familiar with all of the vampires involved she is hoping he can smooth the way and help her through the situation in one piece.

Angel's Pawn is the shortest of the novellas included in this book and it is also the only one where we don't get to see a full on relationship develop between the two main characters. In spite of that it was a really enjoyable read and I absolutely loved the banter between Ash and Janvier. they have great chemistry and I have high hopes for them hooking up at some point as the series progresses - there is no way they can deny their connection forever! Ash has always been on the sidelines (although she does have a larger role in the 4th book Archangel's Blade) so we don't know a huge amount about her but she has some very interesting abilities that I'm looking forward to learning more about in future books. I don't remember actually being introduced to Janvier in the earlier books, he was mentioned but I don't think we ever saw him, so it was great to get a taste of his character too. He is one sexy Cajun with a real playboy attitude but he seems to have met his match in Ash and it looks like he's more than willing to explore their attraction.