Feelingfictional

Feelingfictional

Keeping Her (Losing It, #1.5) - Cora Carmack I absolutely loved Losing It when I read it earlier this year, I have a huge crush on Garrick and Bliss is the kind of heroine who reminded me of myself as a teenager. As much as I enjoyed Cade and Max's story in Faking It I was excited to revisit my favourite couple in this novella.

Keeping Her shows how Bliss had Garrick are getting on several months after the ending of their book, there is no point in picking up this story if you haven't read Losing It yet but fans will enjoy getting their extra Garrick fix! The couple are living together and more in love than ever but they are going to face new challenges when Garrick takes Bliss to London to meet his family. It was great to get to spend more time with them both and see how they cope with the pressures of real life but I have to admit I was a little disappointed with how short it was. I could happily have read another full length novel with these two.

One thing I will say is that you could tell the British characters were written by an American. I don't remember noticing this too much in Losing It but then Garrick is a Brit living in the US so I probably would have forgiven any errors in his way of talking as something he'd picked up living abroad. It was much more noticeable when the setting for the story is London and it's his English friends who are talking like Americans. I know this isn't a major issue but it did bug me a little.

What I enjoyed most was the fact that the story is written from dual POVs, I loved the chance to get inside Garrick's head and hear his thoughts about Bliss. Overall I thought this was a nice little addition to the series, it isn't essential reading but if you're a big fan of this couple then I'm sure you'll enjoy it.